September, 2008 — February, 2009
After surviving the sometimes arduous Round the World Trip in 2007-08, I realized how useful these extended overseas adventures could be for avoiding the miserable winters in the U.S. It was such a delight to be sitting in an internet cafe on a warm December morning and read about the vicious blizzard that had dumped a foot of snow back on the East Coast, or the record monthly rainfall gloomy Seattle was enduring.
For this time around, I would stay entirely in Asia and simply follow the warm temperatures. Beginning with South Korea in Late September — a great experience during my last trip — I’d continue south for a month in Taiwan. Then down to the Philippines for a brief stay before heading over to exciting Thailand for two more months (punctuated by a quick jaunt to Kuala Lumpur). In addition to the pleasing weather, I would be in the midst the world’s most alluring and feminine women. And as always I would find humor in my situations.
- Show All The Postings
Select A Posting:
- Foreign Teacher of the Year Oct 4, 2008
- Pyongyang Lecture Oct 27, 2008
- Taipei Subway Nov 18, 2008
- Boracay Beach Buddies Dec 2, 2008
- Recipe for a 3rd World Country Dec 9, 2008
- Thailand Immigration Entry Form Dec 12, 2008
- 4 Dog Night Dec 21, 2008
- A Languid Day in the Life Dec 26, 2008
- COBOL Help Jan 10, 2009
- Thai Tigress Jan 14, 2009